Sr. Impact Evaluation Specialist
Social Impact (SI) is an Arlington, VA-based international development consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. SI conducts an increasing number of rigorous impact evaluations (IEs), including randomized control trials (RCTs) and quasi-experimental evaluations, of development projects for USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), and other donors.
SI is seeking a Senior IE Specialist to help grow our expanding IE Practice Area. The primary function of the Senior IE Specialist will be to provide high-level technical management, oversight, and support for multiple IEs. The Senior IE Specialist will also be responsible for continuing to grow the Practice Area through proposal development and fostering relationships with new clients. The position offers the potential to serve as a co-Principal Investigator (PI) along with some of the leading academics across a variety of development disciplines, as well as a unique opportunity to work with key clients in the integration of rigorous evaluation into their overall approach through training programs, workshops, and technical assistance. The Senior IE Specialist will report to the IE Practice Area Leader and will be supported by our growing IE team of Program Managers, Associates, and Assistants.
IE Technical Management (expected 60% time)
The Senior IE Specialist will be responsible for leading a portfolio of IEs, including the following tasks:
- Lead design, monitoring, analysis and reporting of select IEs
- Advise on and develop appropriate experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation designs
- Conduct scoping trips to inform evaluation design
- Perform power calculations and sampling for IEs
- Provide oversight of pilot testing and data collection and lead enumerator training, as needed
- Provide technical trouble-shooting to ongoing IEs
- Draft and present evaluation results for academic and donor audiences
- Recruit, and with support of Program Managers, coordinate IE teams including top-level academics and researchers ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Provide oversight and technical support to data collection activities for IEs
Evaluation Training (expected 20% time)
The Senior IE Specialist will be expected to provide training and technical assistance to key donors, including the MCC and USAID, to build their capacity to implement high quality evaluations, including, but not limited to, IEs.
- Lead evaluation trainings for MCC and USAID in Washington and in field missions
- Serve as an IE Mentor for USAID staff seeking their Certificate in Evaluation
- Develop and lead IE capacity building activities in specific sub-sectors for individual IE projects or initiatives
Business Development (expected 20% time)
Support marketing, business and proposal development related to new IE opportunities and, as time permits, other evaluation-related new bids. The Senior IE Specialist will identify new IE opportunities, write
technical sections for proposals, review draft proposals, identify IE experts to be included in proposals, and work with the Finance Department to create IE budgets.
- Ph.D. in relevant subject area, such as economics, statistics, public policy, development, etc. (strongly preferred, although relevant Master’s degree with more than 8 years’ experience will be conside
Please post CV, cover letter, and salary requirements at devex.com.
Candidates must be US citizens, US permanent residents, or have current work authorization for the US.