EVALUATION SERVICES TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Social Impact (SI) is an Arlington-based international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative program evaluation, management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. Our work cross-cuts all sectors of international development and diplomacy including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, economic growth, peacebuilding, international security and diplomacy.
SI is seeking an experienced, energetic and dynamic professional to serve as and IQC Technical Director for Social Impact’s Department of State (DOS) Evaluation Services contract. The Technical Director will be a seasoned evaluation professional with strong technical and managerial expertise in planning, managing and new business development for international development evaluations. The Technical Director will have evaluation expertise in several of the sectors listed above and she/he will report directly to Social Impact Vice President for Evaluation Services. The Technical Director will have in-depth evaluation experience with USAID, DOS and/or MCC.
- Provide strategic leadership and management, operational, and technical oversight for SI Evaluation Services contract for DOS.
- Primary responsibility for winning new business on DOS Evaluation Services contract through development of technical proposals for DOS evaluation task orders.
- Serve as primary liaison with DOS IQC counterparts and evaluation clients
- Supervise and manage SI Evaluation Program Managers supporting DOS task orders.
- Oversee the recruitment, contracting and supervision of US and international personnel and technical assistance associated with task order delivery.
- Ensure timely and quality completion of all evaluation deliverables and reports following SI’s established quality assurance procedures.
- Track financial aspects of task order and overall IQC implementation, including budgets, projections of expenses, pipeline analysis, and processing of expenses.
- Read, analyze and interpret government regulations to ensure SI compliance with FAR and ADS provisions.
- Manage the relationship with DOS IQC subcontractors.
- Lead and contribute to Task Order requests by working with the SI Business Development team to strategize and conceptualize SI’s approach, including use of subcontractors. The Technical Director will participate in task order personnel selection and write technical and management sections of task order proposals as needed.
- Conduct team planning meetings for evaluation teams and support evaluation program managers in oversight and trouble shooting for long-term and short term evaluation field team.
- Lead several evaluation teams/activities each year involving short-term field work and/or visits to provide technical oversight for selected evaluations.
- Trouble shoot and provide technical assistance for DOS evaluations and evaluation team.
- Provide technical assistance for performance management activities on selected DOS task orders.
- Design and deliver evaluation training for DOS operations staff.
- Build the SI DOS evaluation team to accommodate rapid growth of DOS evaluation activity
- Minimum of 10 years experience in international development program evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience designing and managing successful performance evaluations and rigorous impact evaluation for USG clients.
- Prior experience leading international evaluation teams for USAID and other development donors across several sectors.
- Knowledge and experience with a wide range of qualitative
and quantitative evaluation methods a wide range of country settings.
- Active involvement in American Evaluation Association and/or other international evaluation associations
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing large USG evaluation contracts with positive results, including monitoring budgets, pipelines, and projections.
- Experience managing teams of 5 or more and delivering sound management decisions with respect to team function and performance.
- Experience interacting with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and consortium partners.
- Proven familiarity with USAID or DOS procedures, contracting and reporting requirements.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with a variety of stakeholders, including for example, government contracting agencies, task order personnel, consortium partners.
- Proven proposal development skills.
- Strong leadership, entrepreneurial, team management, and writing skills a must.
- Technical expertise in one or more sectors a strong plus.
- Ph.D in evaluation or evaluation related field such as public
administration, economics, political science or public health.
- Ability to lead teams in a fast-past, highly competitive task order environment.
- Willingness to travel on assignment approximately 25% of the time.
Salary: Pay and benefits will be commensurate with the candidate’s capabilities and experience. Standard benefits include paid leave, health insurance, IRA, and other benefits.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary
history, 3 professional references (email, address, phone number) and date of availability
Social Impact (SI) is an Arlington based international development
management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative program evaluation, management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. Our work cross-cuts all sectors of international development and diplomacy including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, economic
growth, peacebuilding, international security and diplomacy.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our Company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and to make a difference in the well being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
Please post your CV, cover letter, and salary requirements at devex.com.
Candidates must be US citizens, US permanent residents, or have current work authorization for the US.