Congo, The Democratic Republic of
Evaluation Specialist for a Mid-Term Evaluation of the Health Social Marketing Program in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Social Impact (SI) is an international development consulting firm based in the Washington, D.C. area. We provide a full range of innovative management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen programs, organizations, and policies. SI works globally in the areas of democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth. For more information, please visit our website at www.socialimpact.com.
SI is seeking an Evaluation Specialist to support an upcoming, mid-term evaluation for the “Advancing Social Marketing for Health in the DRC” project managed by Association de Santé Familiale (ASF)/Population Services International (PSI) in Kinshasa, DRC.
The goal of this project is to improve the health status of the people of the DRC by expanding and building upon the achievements of USAID’s previous social marketing programs in the DRC. The project aims to increase the use of effective health products, services and social behaviors in the areas of HIV/AIDS/STI, family planning and reproductive health, maternal and child health, and water and sanitation.
The period of performance for this evaluation will be May 2012 to August 2012, including 4-5 weeks of data collection in-country. This is an immediate opening for a short-term consultancy.
- At least a Master’s degree in international development, public health, economics, sociology, anthropology, or public administration
- At least 10 years of experience in international development or closely related field, with significant overseas experience.
- Significant experience in evaluation design and delivery for international development activities and health projects, including the appropriate use of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods;
- Demonstrated understanding of the USAID program management cycle, and familiarity with rules and regulations applicable to USAID and US Government programming for international development.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in an evaluation team.
- Native or near-native fluency in French.
- Country experience in Africa, preferably in the DRC.
- Past experience working as an evaluation consultant.
- Knowledge of local Congolese languages a plus (Swahili, Kikongo, Lingala, etc.)
Learn more about Social Impact on our website at http://socialimpact.com/. Please apply directly via our DevHire platform at http://socialimpact.devhire.devex.com/jobs/325502. No phone calls, please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.